Let’s face it, coming back to school after a long winter break can be kind of a drag. Here are some suggested music, movies and television shows about school to help you get back into the swing of things.
– “I Woke Up Today” by Port O’Brien:
A catchy upbeat song by a San Francisco band to start your day.
– “Campus” by Vampire Weekend: Not my favorite band in the world, but what college playlist is complete without something from these former Columbia University students?
– “Late For School” by Ponytail: The title says it all, literally. Four minutes and 16 seconds of shrill vocals and experimental sounds. Definitely not for the faint of heart.
– “Expectations” by Belle and Sebastian:
Forget the fact that this song was featured on the Juno soundtrack, it’s still good.
– “School Spirit” by Kanye West: Perhaps Kanye West isn’t the best example of school spirit, but this song is catchy.
– Election (1999): Arguably Reese Witherspoon’s finest role.
– Rushmore (1998): Maybe you wont be inspired to excel academically, but you might feel the urge to write a hit play.
– Mona Lisa Smile (2003): What could be more appropriate than a movie about women at a women’s college?
– Greek (2007)
For those who feel like they missed out on sorority life, here is your chance to live vicariously through a cast of characters caught up in parties, love triangles and maybe even school.
– Community (2009)
Transfer students can probably relate to this hit new show.
– Undeclared (2001)
A Judd Apatow show about the trials and tribulations of co-ed dorm life that sadly only lasted one season.